Crate Washers EKW
- The entire system is constructed out of stainless steel plates and profiles and is placed on adjustable feet. The wash tunnel is accessible by means of very practical upward folding-doors.
- When a door is opened during operation, the washer will stop instantly. Transport of the crates is conducted by a synthetic chain. The spraying arcs are provided with a large number of synthetic click nozzles.
- The EKW crate washers are designed for crates with a maximum dimension of 600 x 400 x 300 mm (lxwxh).
- In the main wash zone the crates are cleaned and the dirt is removed from the crates. The click nozzles are supplied with water by a powerful and energy efficient pump.
- The main wash tank is filled by its own filling connection, equipped with level sensors.
- In the after rinse zone the crates are rinsed with fresh water. Any residual detergent will be removed.
- A sensor controls the after rinse bow. If no crates are detected the fresh water supply will remain closed.
Options and Accessories
One man operation
Wedge wire filter
Input & output table
Hot water coil
Enlarged crate height (400 mm)
Digital TEMPERATURE controller
The Standard Operation
Pre-wash zone (optional)
Here, spray nozzles clean the crates at a low water temperature (approx. 30-40 °C). This removes the blood and protein residues from the crates. The rough dirt particles are removed directly. If the temperature is too high (from 48 °C), the proteins will clump together (‘coagulate’).
Main Wash Zone
In the main wash zone, spray nozzles clean the crates with hot water (approx. 50-65 °C). Fats and bacterial contaminants are removed in combination with the right chemicals. This keeps the germ count in the wash tank as low as possible.
Sticker Removal (Optional)
Special dirt killers are used (at high pressure) to accurately remove sticker and adhesive residues. The crates are turned through 90° to enable all four sides to be treated. The fine microfilter ensures that the washing water remains free of small particles and is suitable for re-use.
In this zone, the products are rinsed with fresh cold or hot water, with the aim of effectively removing the cleaning/disinfectant agent. Rinsing with hot water helps with the drying of the crates. Our crate washers are designed in such a way as to enable optimal re-use of the rinse water containing the chemical residue.
Blow Off Unit (Optional)
In the blow off unit, air is blown over the crates by powerful stainless steel fans.The intelligent Elpress design heats the air (partly through recirculation) up to approx. 50 °C, which results in an even better blowing capacity. Depending on the type and desired result, a minimum amount of moisture remains in the crates after leaving the blow off unit.
Efficient Crate Washers
Efficient crate washers that save you money? You’ve come to the right place at Elpress. Elpress is a producer and supplier of innovative crate washers for use in various sectors of the food industry, such as the meat and fish industry, bakeries, PVF, dairy, confectionery and logistics organisations. The crate washers have a modular design so that different load carriers can be cleaned using the same system. Load carries that can be cleaned include crates, pallets, boxes, tanks and vats with various capacities and lengths.
Optimal Washing Of Crates
The automatic crate washers from Elpress are constructed from solid, stainless steel plates and profiles that are placed on adjustable feet. The crates are optimally cleaned in the crate washers, which remove all of the dirt from them. They are then rinsed off with clean water. The crate washer deals with all of the dirt in a single wash. Whatever the kind of dirt: proteins, blood stains, greases, sticker and adhesive residues and dried-on dirt. In brief, when you choose a food-safe crate washer from Elpress, you’re opting for a sophisticated washing process with an optimal result.
Crate Washers Designed Down To The Smallest Detail
The crate washer is designed down to the smallest detail. For example, it stops cleaning if the doors are opened during the cleaning cycle. The water supply is also shut off when there are no crates to be cleaned. This prevents the unnecessary wasting of water and also saves energy. The cleaning process has also been fully considered. The crate washer has a phased cleaning cycle process that consists of various cleaning zones:
- There is a pre-wash zone, where large particles of dirt can be directly removed
- A main wash zone, where grease and bacteria are removed
- A sticker removal zone, where sticker and adhesive residues can be (optionally) removed
- A rinse zone, where the contents are rinsed to remove detergent and disinfectant
- A blower unit, where everything is blown dry by fans
Environmentally Friendly And Innovative
We not only supply carefully designed crate washers but also work with you to simplify and optimise your washing processes. Our certified crate washers are environmentally friendly and efficient, which saves you money. Water and energy are used sparingly with no detrimental effects on the cleaning itself. Features include:
- Recirculating washing water, which re-uses water
- An intelligent water management system that doesn’t waste a drop of water
- Steam extraction and heat recovery for a reduction in energy loss
- Insulated outer walls for less loss of heat
As a customer, you therefore always benefit from a user-friendly, innovative, durable system that meets your specific requirements and comes with an attractive price tag. Are you interested in the possibilities, or would you like to know more about our crate washers? Then feel free to get in touch with us.