Our scalders are engineered to maximize the performance at the picking line by opening the pores and loosening the feathers from the skin.
- Custom Lengths and Lane Widths Available
- Robust and Sanitary Design
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Available with Open Top or Hooded Design
- Available with Stainless Steel Overhead
- Installation Available
- Stainless Steel Air Header, Steam Injectors and Diffusers
Three general scalding settings are:
- soft/semi-scalding at 50-54ºC for 3 minutes
- medium scalding at 54-56ºC for 2,5 minutes
- hard scalding at 58-60ºC for 2 minutes
The higher the scalding temperature, the better feathers are loosened from the follicles. However, it also has the most effect on the skin: the outer skin layer, also called epidermis, will also loosen and will be removed by the plucker. This leads to a lighter skin, which is a product preference in some countries. It is generally not recommended to combine hard scalding with air chilling, because the skin will discolor unfavorably due to dehydration in the air chilling room.